May 10, 2006

American Idol = RIGGED

You know, American Idol has pulled some crap in the past with how the voting stacks up. I've seen some great performers get voted off before their time. The names LaToya London, Jennifer Hudson, and Constantine Maroulis come to mind. Tonight, however, they went too far.

American Idol is rigged. That's all there is to it. My pick to win, Chris Daughtry, was voted off. I'm shocked. Chris was by far the best contestant who showed an incredible range of talent. The saddest part of the whole thing? He was really good last night, too. It's come to make me realize something which I think I was too naive to see in the past: The show HAS GOT to be rigged. Why would it be rigged, you may ask? To create ratings. Why? Two words: May Sweeps.

After three faithful seasons of watching, all I am reduced to is this: Screw you, American Idol. You've just lost a viewer.

5 Comments:

At May 11, 2006 5:09 AM, Blogger Dawg said...

I long suspected it was rigged when Fantasia won....I mean how in the world could she win? She was one of the worst singer-vocalist to ever step on that stage.

Now that Chris is gone....I'm convinced that it is rigged. He was by far......by FAR the best singer-vocalist that Idol has ever had. There is no way, no way that Chris got the least amount of votes.


MAJOR RIGGING

 
At May 11, 2006 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I am still in complete and utter shock that the moron Taylor Hicks is even still in the running. He should have been gone a loooongtime ago!!

However, I do need to say that Constantine really wasn't a top pick in his day. All he had going for him was his puppy-dog-screw-me-eyes, which totally bugged the CRAP out of me.

 
At May 11, 2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Wade said...

I don't know how this show works, cuz i don't watch it. but the rest of the family does from time to time.
So are people voted off? by whom? How could they "rig" it? I'm clueless about this show.
Now Survivor on the other hand... Go Terry!!!

 
At May 11, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Ive been hearing consistantly that everyone thought Chris was the best, he's the most versitile, etc. but most didn't feel enthusiastic about him. That lack of enthusiasm might have been the swing on that one.

 
At May 16, 2006 7:08 AM, Blogger HMC said...

I loved Chris. Did you hear that both Fuel and Creed want him to be their lead singers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home