Mar 15, 2006

American Idol: The Pick Yer Pony Edition

Embarrasing Fact About The BLS #489: I am addicted to American Idol. Despite the recent controversy over his sexual orientation, I was (and still am) a die-hard Claymate in Season 2, and I was torn between Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood last season. (Don't even get me started on Season 3-- LaToya London was robbed! I couldn't stand Fantasia, and will forever call Season 3 of Idol "the crappy season.") After 8 freakin' weeks of audition shows, though, Idol is finally down to its Top 12. My friend Amanda and I have developed a ritual of watching the show in our own separate apartments and text messaging each other during the show. (Sample texts include "Cute outfit," "Bad song choice," and "Could Bucky's pants BE any tighter?") Given that people are already starting to lay bets on who will be the winner this season, I've decided to throw my hat into the ring.

The BLS's Pony: Chris Daughtry. My text message to Amanda last night says it the best, "I effin' LOVE this man!" I'll admit it. I was a little worried about him last night, considering that it was "Stevie Wonder night," and my man is a die-hard rocker (he's been singing Bon Jovi, Fuel, and Seether thus far.) Ten seconds into his performance last night, my fears were set to rest, as he rocked out to "Higher Ground," one of my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. Chris has been consistently one of the best performers thus far in the game. (Don't take my word for it-- check it out yourself!) I would love to see him go all the way with it.

The Long Shot: Taylor Hicks. Taylor has an insane amount of personality and he's so much fun to watch. I'd love to see him go a long way in the competition, but I think that he's got some major hurdles to cross. In the audition shows, Simon gave him a hard time about his appearance, and last night they hinted that he may end up changing his hair. I guess we'll just have to watch and see.


(NOTE: In searching for an image of my "pony," Chris Daughtry, I've read that the majority of online betting sites have named Chris as the probable winner of American Idol. Damn, I'm good. :P )

3 Comments:

At March 15, 2006 8:22 AM, Blogger HMC said...

Plus, he's just straight up sexy. =)

 
At March 15, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger LawNut said...

For the Yahoo Avatar on the profile, first go to yahoo and on the right sidebar of the home page from where you make changes to the avatar, click on "Export." From there you can right-click and save the avatar to your desktop. Then on blogger make a new post but just upload your avatar from your desktop. click on "edit html" and copy the link under the "href" that'll be like http://whatever whatever.jpg. Save the post as a draft. Then go to your profile and paste that link in the photo url spot, and save - it's a huge pain in the ass but it looks cute - good luck!! Hope this helps!! :-)

 
At March 16, 2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Gridlock said...

My wife is picking him to win too. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but only 'cause she's usually right. Lisa Tucker or the brunette with the good voice (can't remember her name) to come in second.

BTW, just ran across your blog by "next blogging".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home