Apr 27, 2006

Keep Your Eyes on Your Own Paper, K-Fed...

Continuing the grand tradition of the sport that I've come to know as K-Fed Bashing, I present this to you. I'm no expert on Copyright Law (I usually pass the questions to Captain America, Kitrah, or Professor K), but I DO know that you're not allowed to take someone else's composition and pawn it off as your own! That's just plain old high school logic. Since K-Fed probably skipped a lot of high school to go smoke weed behind the bleachers, I guess it's understandable that he missed that day.

Ironically enough, K-Fed's forthcoming *shudder* album is entitled Playing With Fire. Anyone else think it should be called Dances with Lawsuits?

3 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 4:15 PM, Blogger TLG said...

haha. that'd be a great name for an album ;)

 
At April 27, 2006 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep-what he did is called "sampling" & very much a no-no if done w/o the permission of the copyright owner & the owner of the sound recording. . He has actually violated 2 copyrights. Could be liable for damages from $500 to $100K, depending on if the ct decides it's a single act or a willful infringment (I'm going w/ the latter w/ K-Fed). And according to this site (http://www.music-law.com/sampling.html), the ct could force him to recall all of his albums & destroy them. Cross your fingers they go w/ this one!

Sounds like he's gonna be spending more of Britney's $ in having to pay for his stupidity...what a moron.

 
At April 28, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Asian Provocateur said...

Hey BLS!

Thanks for the button tip. You are quite the pop cult connaisseur!

But it's good since I don't know much and can get my fill from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home