Feb 21, 2006

"I'm WAY off my game. My game has left the country. It's in Cuernavaca!"

I'm having a Buffy day. Not only am I having a Buffy day, I'm having a Buffy day where her powers are zapped and she's helpless. I feel like my life is moving in a certain direction and I'm powerless to stop it. Normally, this pumps me up and gets me excited about the path I have chosen, but today I'm feeling a bit sluggish about everything. Maybe it's because I got up at 5:15 this morning. Maybe it's because my father has been gone for 6 months (as of yesterday) and I still feel like crap about the whole thing. Or maybe it's because Kurt's birthday was also yesterday and HE'S STILL TRYING TO GET AHOLD OF ME!!! (Yes, I'm so frustrated that this comment warranted THREE exclamation points.) I'm seriously thinking about posing this question to the folks over at First Date DC: What do you do when you have made the efforts to "cut off" the person whom you used to date and they are STILL e-mailing and texting you over SIX freakin' months after you told them to leave you alone? I try not to get bogged down in it, but it's affecting me, and I'm kinda pissy about it. I've heard through the grapevine that he's miserable with Yoko and with Hippie College Town but can't afford to leave, and while I don't wish him any pain (okay, that's a lie) I feel that he's made his own proverbial bed and should have to lie in it. He's 31 years old, for Pete's sake. When is he going to grow up and quit looking for ways out? When is he going to realize that if he wants "the good life," he's gonna have to grow up and start working for it?

Speaking of "working for it," I really need to find my "game," so to speak. I feel like law school is completely kicking my ass, and I'm not even taking the same credit load I was juggling last semester. Not to mention that I should be hauling my butt to the gym more frequently. What in the world am I doing with my spare time? Frankly, I think the reason that I've been so lackluster lately is because I'm stressed about the crappy assignments that we have in a few of my classes. Explain this to me: I'm taking a 4 credit class, four 2 credit classes, and one 1 credit class. Based on the distribution of credit hours, you would expect the 4 credit class to be the most time consuming, right? Yeah, it's not. It's the freakin' 2 credit classes that are eating up a lot of my time!

I should quit bitching and work to find a solution. Note to self: FIND. GAME. NOW.

I just hope it's not really in Cuernavaca.


(INTERESTING SIDENOTE: In looking for Google images for today's post, I came across a news article that hypothesizes that the failure of The WB Network can be traced back to the 2001 struggle between UPN and The WB over the rights to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Back when it was revealed that Buffy would be jumping networks, I made the comment that, "This is going to be the end of The WB." Looks like someone heard my comment... albeit 5 years later. :) )

3 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger HMC said...

Maybe a restraining order is in order for Kurt..?

Cuernavaca is supposed to be beautiful. Not such a bad place to lose your game. =P

 
At February 22, 2006 7:46 AM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

stilettos - instant game finder.

ok the real reason i'm here - are you coming to blogger HH? if not would you consider donating your points to a lowly groundling blogger that rhymes with "TC of Pior" ? i hear "TC of Pior" loves liquor and wine....

 
At February 22, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Wade said...

do i know this guy? if you need someone to defend your honor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home