Nov 21, 2006

Things That Make You Go "What the F**k?"

Google News tells me that O.J. Simpson is going to be doing a two-night special for Fox. This special addresses the Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman murders and is entitled "If I Did It, Here's How."

Okay, seriously. This has got to be one of the tackiest things I have ever seen. For someone who vehemently denied killing his ex-wife to demonstrate on national T.V. how he COULD have done it... it turns my stomach.

My only hope is that the Son of Sam clause would kick in here and make Simpson give his profits over to the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown. However, the Son of Sam clause only applies when someone has been convicted of a crime and then tries to make money off of it by selling their story for profit. O.J. was acquitted of the murders, but later found to be civilly liable, so I'm not sure if the Son of Sam clause would even apply in this case. (Given my own personal opinions of how justice was handled during O.J.'s criminal trial, I would guess that this clause wouldn't apply, but I'm still bitter over the verdict. Yes, I'm still angry about it some 10 years later. What can I say? I hold a grudge.)

In any case, O.J. was tacky back during the original media coverage of his trial, and he's still tacky now. I think he will be replacing K-Fed, at least in my mind, for the title of "Ultimate Media Whore."

**UPDATE: I just found out that one of the nights the special is going to air is a Monday (November 27th.) What do you want to bet that the Fox network gave this pile of crap Justice's timeslot? I want to slash someone's tires...***

***UPDATE 11/21: So Fox is pulling the O.J. television special and the book's publishers are cancelling the release of the book? Wow. Maybe people are smarter than I give them credit for, although I firmly believe that the person who had the initial idea for the book and show should be taken out back and beat with a smelly shoe.***

6 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simpson still has a $33.5 million dollar judgment against him as a result of his civil trial. Thus, even if he earns a lot of money off this thing, presumably Fred Goldman and his family will be able to get that money (of course, I'm sure O.J. would figure out how to keep as much as possible from them). This guy is one of the biggest creeps out there. He should do all of us a favor and accidentally fall off a fifth floor building and get run over by a steamroller just in case he survives the fall.

 
At November 15, 2006 10:22 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

I saw that today too, and was like...WTF?! I mean who does a tell-all special about how they could have killed their ex? It's so obvious he did it and this show is an obvious cry to anyone with a brain that he wants to get this cruel confession off his chest. And though the context may be disturbing...I think I'm still gonna watch it.

 
At November 16, 2006 5:07 AM, Blogger Eric said...

This is pretty unbelievable, I think if it were me I probably move to Europe and disappear instead of going on TV and saying, hey look at me I got away with murder and now check out how I did it. The worst part is the ratings will probably be huge.

 
At November 16, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

He hid all his assets from the Goldman's in Fla -- homestead exemption, can't touch the NFL pension. What do you want to bet his lawyers crafted a way to ensure proceeds from this book aren't going to the Golman's either?

Effing lawyers. Ummmm. Yeah.

 
At November 21, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger bizzle said...

I really liked Justice too and sad it wasn't given a proper chance. How could it go against Heroes on NBC?

Did you hear fox decided to pull the special?

 
At December 15, 2006 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea who you are, I am doing a paper for my mass media class in highschool and I was researching the son of sam law in relation to the O.J Simpson fiasco and him wanting to publish this book of how he did it, and when I googled it this was the 2nd link and I was basically just looking to get a perspective of whether or not it would of been possible if the son of sam law even applied in his unusual circumstances, but now I have what I need to know and just wanted to thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home