Sep 1, 2006

"...Well, Bill... I Got Tangled. In Johnny Cash's Gee-tar Strap!"

I bought a guitar yesterday. It's something that I've been mulling around for quite a while now (read: over a year), and I'm really looking forward to learning how to play it. I think I got really lucky, as the man I purchased it from was AWESOME. I wandered into a local music store and approached the first guy I saw... who happened to be the owner of the store. We had a short conversation about my desire to buy a beginner's guitar, preferably acoustic over electric, etc. He ended up hooking me up with the ultimate deal. Guitar, strap, case, picks, polishing cloth, two instruction DVD's, an instructional book, electric tuner, and extra strings for just a shade under $150. I was expecting to spend at least twice that.

Anyway, I was at home with my new "gee-tar," when Bauer happened to walk into the bedroom and notice me quasi-strumming with a blissful look on my face. He comically groaned, "Oh, no. You're not gonna become one of those tree-hugging hippies and decide to leave me for a woman, are you?"

Having a solid background in impromptu speaking (yep, I was a Speech nerd in high school), I proceeded to make up a song about buying a guitar and dumping my boyfriend so I could travel the world with my "grrl band."

Yeah, Bauer wasn't nearly as amused as I was. Not even when I informed him that there was a better chance of me leaving him for a biker named Biff...

3 Comments:

At September 01, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

"Manure! I hate manure!"

 
At September 05, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

The other day, one of my dad's step-aunt's friends came over and started singing to us all these classic Spanish songs about love and stuff, while strumming her guitar. And I dont know why, but almost immeadiately, I wanted to grab the guitar and start singing too. Not Spainsh love songs, but relaxing songs you know? So yeah...I think it's very cool that you're gonna become a local artist!

 
At September 07, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Tree hugging hippy!

(just kidding).

I'd like to learn how to play too. Y'know, with all my copious amounts of spare time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home