Sep 20, 2006

"..I'm Addicted to You..."

School is back in full swing again, which can only mean one thing: The BLS is fully entrenched in the fall TV lineup. I'm a little bitter that I don't think my cable carrier will be picking up The CW, but I have friends who will (and have offered) to record Veronica Mars for me, ensuring that I get my Neptune fix. (Thank God!) However, I'd like to point a finger at some other shows that have made my "Can. Not. Miss." list:

Desperate Housewives-- I know I'm jumping on the DH Bandwagon about two years too late, but I JUST got into this show... enough to rip through the first two seasons on DVD in about three weeks. Funnily enough, my late father was a HUGE fan of this show. A little odd, considering that the first season of the show kinda revolved around sex in a major way. His favorite character was Bree Van De Kamp, who has become one of my favorite characters as well (it's a toss-up between Bree and Susan, who I see SO MUCH of myself in that's it's not even funny.) This show has a lot going on as it begins to start it's third season: Another murder mystery, more love triangles, and did I mention that hotties like Kyle MacLachlan are signed to guest-star this season? (I know of at least one Twin-Peaker out there... besides me and The Statesman, that is...) And James Denton (who plays Mike Delfino, Susan's on-again, off-again boyfriend) is seriously hot. Seriously. Mike Delfino needs to call me. Rightnow. (DH airs Sunday nights at 8pm on ABC.)

Justice-- This show is at the top of my TiVo list. I absolutely LOVE this show. Obviously, it's a legal drama. It's about a group of lawyers working at a firm called TNT&G who specialize in criminal defense work. The show documents the journey of a client from the moment they walk into the door until the moment the verdict is read. What's unique about the show (and what I love about it) is that the audience is told what actually happened to the victim in the last two minutes of the show. So in other words, we get to see whether or not the defendant is actually guilty of the crime that they've been charged with. Kerr Smith (from Dawson's Creek) portrays the point man in these trials and I love his character. Victor Garber is also equally awesome, playing a guy that you absolutely love to hate. Three episodes have aired, and it's been pretty sweet. I haven't felt this strongly about a show since Family Guy, which can only mean one thing: Fox is going to cancel it. So, in advance-- screw you, Fox. (Justice airs Wednesday nights at 8pm on Fox.)

And Kerr Smith needs to call me. Rightnow.

4 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Fall tv season!!!

Can't wait for "Grey's Anatomy," "The Bachelor," and "Gilmore Girls!"

 
At September 20, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger The BLS said...

I didn't say Justice was a PERFECT legal drama... who in the hell would want to watch what ACTUALLY happens in the courtroom? ;)

It makes for good TV, though.

 
At September 21, 2006 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Justice last night, as you ordered. =P I thought it was really good. As an attoreny, I agree that if it was a completely accurate legal drama no one would watch. Kerr Smith is still a hottee but I think he needs a hair cut.

Love,
marylin

 
At September 23, 2006 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I still have my "I killed Laura Palmer" t-shirt ;-)

Thanks for the linkage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home