Aug 14, 2006

The Reluctant Convert

When Bauer and I first met, he was a staunch Republican. He was very firm in his ways and was shocked when he found out that I did not vote for Bush in the last election. He even went as far as to say that had he known about my politics before we started dating, he would not have asked me out. (If it matters, I seconded the motion on that one--had I known about his politics, I would not have agreed to go out with him)

Fast forward a year and a half. Bauer, whether he wants to admit it or not, is now more liberal in his thinking. I take partial credit for this. (Only partial, because Bauer's boss is very liberal... and very persuasive.) Anyway, Bauer and I were talking this weekend about the joke that has become the White House. After making the shrewd observation that the country has gone to hell under the Bush Administration, Bauer had a plan: Due to the fact that G.W. Bush has taken more time off than any other president in office, gas prices are at a record high, and we're fighting a senseless war, he proposes that Bush should be denied his presidential pension. I called it a brilliant Jerry Maguire moment for Bauer and am seriously considering making a rough draft of this legislative bill.

So, fellow readers, I ask of you...: "Who's coming with me?"

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2006 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but such a bill might raise some due process issues or perhaps even a bill of attainder problem. On the other hand, sounds fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home