Aug 17, 2006

Living With Bauer

You'll have to forgive this post if it doesn't make any sense... I didn't get very much sleep last night. When you factor in the fact that Bauer had to work early this morning, I hardly got any sleep at all. Why?

It's this simple: Bauer is LOUD. I have NO idea how one person can make so much noise in the morning. Here's a sample of how my morning went:

6:00am: Bauer's alarm goes off. He has it set on the maximum volume... and it usually goes off for at least 30 seconds before he hears it and hits the snooze button. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
7:00am: Bauer finally shuts off his alarm and gets up with such a force that I nearly fall out of bed. He rustles around in his drawers, gathering his clothes for the day. In the process, he manages to slam the dresser drawers at least four or five times. He disappears into the bathroom to shower.
7:25am: Bauer emerges from the shower and comes back into the bedroom. By this time, I've managed to go back to sleep. As soon as Bauer sits on the bed to get something else out of his nightstand, that's all shot to hell because I'm jostled awake, then forced to listen to Bauer slamming his drawers open and shut again.
7:30am: Bauer pounds up and down the stairs a couple of times before finally exiting the apartment. I try to go back to sleep, but it's futile.

I know that this is all part of living with someone, but lately, I feel like it's gotten totally out of hand. I know I'll eventually confront Bauer on this issue, but for right now... where's the coffee?

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Tempurpedic mattresses are good for the not-disturbing-sleepers in the morning. Well, mine is anyway.

The other stuff, I don't know what to tell ya. Earplugs? Pug as Noise Controller?

 
At August 17, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger HMC said...

Newspaper will work too. Train him like you train the Pug. When he's being bad, a quick bop on the nose with a rolled up newspaper will do the trick. =P

 
At August 17, 2006 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does The Pug make a lot of noise in the morning too? Specifically by slurping out of the straw ;-)

Wade said he would email me when he disappeared but as of yet, nada.

Where are you, Wade???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home