Aug 16, 2006

Drive-By

As I was unloading groceries out of my car, a red car streaked by me and suddenly SLAMMED on its brakes. The driver leaned over into the passenger side of the seat and shouted, "Hey!" at me. I was a little wary, as I had never seen the man before in my life. I wondered if he was lost and in need of directions or if he was just a really bad hit man (you know, because so many people want me dead...). I cautiously approached his vehicle...

and the driver of the vehicle proudly held up the oldest pug I have ever seen in my life. She probably weighed close to 30 pounds and was obviously very old, but well-cared for. The driver of the vehicle had seen The Pug frolicking around while I was unloading groceries, and he wanted to express some Pug-owner solidarity. After telling me about his pug named Pepper and that she was 13 years old (!), I introduced him to The Pug, who is nearing her 3rd birthday. We oohed and aahed over each other's pet, and he was on his way.

The strangest things happen when you live in a "friendly" town....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home