Aug 31, 2006

...And I'll Cry if I Want To....

I've mentioned it on the blog before, but I am currently involved with a man who has a child. He's not a weekend daddy, as he basically maintains full custody of his 6 year old daughter, who I will be referring to as Spawn of Bauer. Bauer was at the gym one afternoon, so I was babysitting Spawn of Bauer. She was being difficult and I was strugging to get to the root of the problem:

The BLS: Spawn of Bauer, why are you crying? Aren't you excited to be starting school tomorrow?
Spawn of Bauer: (crying) NO!
The BLS: Why not? When I was your age, I loved school! I still love school, because I'm still going! Why are you so upset?
Spawn of Bauer: (still crying) Because I'm going to have to learn math! (throws herself down on the bed theatrically)

It was hard to keep a straight face after that.

5 Comments:

At August 31, 2006 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love math. But I have one girl who hates it, and one who loves it.
I also have a favorite daughter. But that part is a secret. Shhhh.

 
At August 31, 2006 8:58 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

Awww...I totally feel Spawn! If I knew the horrors of math that would be forced upon my education, I never would've gone!

 
At September 01, 2006 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Like your blog! I don`t know how I came over it, I just googled something on the internet and suddenly I saw the words "bitterlawstudent" etc and thought it was kind of fascinating! I am a law student myself, on my 4th year. In Norway, Europe. I have a blog too, but I guess you wouldn`t understand any of it since I write in norwegian... :) Good luck with your studies!

 
At September 02, 2006 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel her pain, I HATED geometry ;-)

 
At September 04, 2006 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she's really feeling some apprehension about math, her dad should make sure to talk to the teacher about it. Things like this are good for a teacher to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home