Jul 6, 2006

When It Rains...

I got a phone call yesterday, in the middle of the afternoon, in the middle of work. It was Bauer, who was freaking out because the TiVo wasn't working. I'm not a techie, so I did the best I could to walk him through the problem. I asked if the TV was on the right channel. He said yes. I asked if the TV was on the right video input. He said yes. He SWORE up and down that it was something deeper--he didn't do anything wrong and the TiVo HAD TO BE broken. I suggested that he unplug the TiVo, and plug it back in to see what would happen. He did--nothing happened.

Then a few minutes later, it hit him. Maybe he should check to see if the TiVo was on the right channel. It wasn't. It was on Channel 2 instead of Channel 4. He changed it to Channel 4, heard the familiar "ding" we've all come to associate witih TiVo, and he was thrilled that he had fixed the TiVo on his own.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that checking the channel wasn't initially his idea.

2 Comments:

At July 07, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Pft. Put him in his place!

 
At July 10, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger A. said...

What is it with guys and messing up the TiVo? You are nicer than me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home