Jul 19, 2006

Deja Voodoo

Marilyn and I went and saw The Break Up recently. I like Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, so I was looking forward to the movie. I thought it was pretty good for a dramedy, but there were a few moments that hit a little too close to home with me (considering my romantic history with Kurt.) A few examples:

--The scene following the "break-up" when Jennifer Aniston returns home from work to find Vince Vaughn already there playing Playstation 2 games. She calmly walks into her bedroom and starts blasting Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill. I laughed so hard at this scene it hurt. I've actually DONE THIS BEFORE. I'm not sure what that's saying about me, since it came off as a little melodramatic in the movie...

--The scene in which Jennifer Aniston finally quits her games and breaks down crying in the bedroom in front of Vince Vaughn, spilling her guts and saying, "I don't know how we got here." Vaughn's response? "YOU broke up with ME." I about threw my Junior Mints at the screen at this scene. This was a line that Kurt frequently used. It got so aggravating that at one point, I started to mimic him as a broken record (complete with the sound effect of the record scratching and repeating.) Maturity at its finest, I'm aware. I'm just saying I've been there.

What about you folks? Any movie scenes that hit a little too close to home in YOUR life?

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Lily Graypure said...

My best friend and I couldn't enjoy Sideways because it reminded us of our exes too much. (blond guy). It wound up being really uncomfortable.

 
At July 19, 2006 7:58 PM, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

ever see mommy dearest (shudder)

 
At July 20, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger LawNut said...

Hmmm...probably American Psycho...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home