Apr 30, 2006

This Means War...

I JUST opened a letter from EMPC regarding my security deposit. Not only are they trying to take my ENTIRE security deposit, they are claiming that I owe them $400 for carpet replacement. I was really upset forty-five minutes ago, but now I'm just plain mad. I see enough discrepancies in their receipts to have a case in small-claims court, and I think that's the avenue that I'm going to take.

What they're trying to do isn't right. I'm not going to let them do it.

4 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 7:27 AM, Blogger LawNut said...

You go girl!! Good luck! (I mean, REALLY - carpet replacement??!!! Who do these people think they are??)

 
At April 30, 2006 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very much behind you on this one. I tried to challenge a company's BS towing of my car once in a small Justice of the Peace court, and the JP was such an asshole to me, he practically laughed me out of court. You could tell he had a huge chip on his shoulder for being in that crap job.

Anyway, years later, now that I'm in law school, I fully intend to become a big bad lawyer and get that JP's ass! For now, though, I'll live vicariously through you.

 
At May 05, 2006 5:05 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Good for you. I've been screwed too many times by landlords for deposits.

 
At May 05, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

Stick it to them. What's the good of going to law school if you can't fight back against asshole landlords?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home