Apr 19, 2006

Must Run Slow...

because I keep getting tagged! The offender this time? LawNut. Since I haven't seen this particular meme, I thought it would be fun to give it a whirl. Without further adieu, I present to you:

Six Weird/Interesting Things You Probably Don't Know About Me:


1. I'm addicted to Pogo. When I'm in class, you can usually catch me doing one of two things: blogging or playing Pogo. Damn them for offering cute and fun badges that I feel I have to win. Damn them!

2. For the most part, I am the enforcer of a Lifetime embargo. (Television for Women, my ass.) However, I make an exception to this embargo for one show: Unsolved Mysteries. The show went out of production back in 2003, when Robert Stack died, but I still watch it in reruns on Lifetime. The cases are all about five to twenty years old, but a lot of them are absolutely fascinating.

3. I'm a firm believer in having Ally McBeal moments where you spaz out and dance around your living room with your favorite music blaring loudly. I think it keeps you young. I try to do it at least once a week. (Side note: I just found out I can buy the complete series of Ally McBeal for $175.00. It's highway robbery, but I'm actually considering it... it was a cute show when it was in its element.)

4. I have a celebrity crush on Seth Green. Come on! I DARE you not to develop a crush on someone who is witty, intelligent, successful, and semi-attractive.

5. Although Kitrah and I have tried to swear them off, I'm pretty sure that I'm addicted to the Chicken Wings that are served at this Wing Place just off campus. The Statesman, Kitrah, and I go have lunch there quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they've put an addictive chemical in their chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly.... (name that quote!)

6. I am thinking about switching my career interests from prosecution/criminal law to strictly Entertainment Law. Even though my law school doesn't offer a course in Entertainment Law, I am planning on taking an Independent Study course over the summer where I will basically teach myself the basics of Entertainment Law. Given my extreme level of interest in the subject, I would like to turn it into something that's not just "good for Trivial Pursuit." (I'm a master at getting the Arts and Entertainment piece of the pie, yo...)

As much fun as it would be to tag someone with this meme, I'm not gonna. I know everyone is busy this time of year. If you want to do it on your own time, that's great. Let me know and I'll read it, but I'm not gonna force you.

10 Comments:

At April 19, 2006 12:17 PM, Blogger Jinxy said...

I used to have a semi-crush on SNLer Molly Shannon.

Now? Ewwww.

 
At April 19, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger A. said...

I miss Ally McBeal, at least the seasons it was good. It really tanked there at the end.

If you have questions about entertaiment law, you can drop me a line. Depending on what side/type you end up doing, it is not always what it's cracked up to be.

 
At April 20, 2006 9:15 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

Come on, Xander was cute in that wonderfully dorky way. I always thought that if the guys from Buffy were real, I'd have the best chance of hooking up with him. :)

 
At April 20, 2006 4:04 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Party in my eyesocket and everybody's invited!

 
At April 20, 2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Embargo the GOLDEN GIRLS? Surely you jest!

 
At April 21, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger David Tellez said...

That quote is from "So I Married An Axe Murderer"!!! Dude...you're not even trying. LOL...

And I love how you encourage Ally McBeal moments. Cuz' seriously...we all need to have those kinds of moments to stop us from going insane...

Kudos on the possible career change! I think entertainment law is so much fun, cuz it's a way of including pop culture into your life, you know? So, yay!

 
At April 22, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Head, pants, NOW!

 
At April 22, 2006 11:29 AM, Blogger LawNut said...

Unsolved Mysteries used to be my absolute favorite show...something about that intro music - it always makes my stomch do flip flops - both because I'm excited as to what episode is going to come on, but also because after I watch I run around my house making sure all the windows/doors are locked so I don't end up the next topic of the show. Although since Robert Stack is now dead, I guess that's one less worry.

 
At April 22, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Hey BLS,

You've been tagged.
http://callcenterpurgatory.blogspot.com/2006/04/five-things-tag.html

AC

 
At April 23, 2006 2:55 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I call them Lifetime "Victim of the Week" movies.

Ally McBeal was my favorite show for a few years. LOVE IT!

*hums the theme song*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home