Apr 11, 2006

Guilty Pleasures Grab Bag

Everyone has a guilty pleasure (or six) that they indulge in. While I have a few guilty pleasures, not too many people know about them, for fear that they'll point and laugh and judge me. Throughout the course of this blog, you have learned about one of my guilty pleasures (NASCAR-- more specifically, Dale Earnhardt, Jr.)

Meet another one of my guilty pleasures-- Robot Chicken. For those of you who are unaware, it's a stop-motion animation show created, written, and (sometimes) directed by Seth Green. It's strange, demented humor, and it's freaking hilarious. I love how the show manages to get some pretty big names (of my generation) on the show. When you see who guests on the show, you don't have to look any further than Seth Green's resume to see WHERE he finds the talent. It's networking at its finest. Such names include the cast of Family Guy, the cast of That 70's Show (where Green has a recurring role-- another guilty pleasure,) Sarah Michelle Gellar (he was on Buffy for awhile, remember?), Matthew Lillard, Dax Shepard, Burt Reynolds (all three were in Without a Paddle with Green), Breckin Meyer (who was in Can't Hardly Wait with Green), Rachael Leigh Cook (who was in Josie and the Pussycats with Green)... I could go on and on. It's on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. You should check it out.

I've already mentioned NASCAR as a guilty pleasure. If you've been reading the sports headlines in the last two days, I'm sure you've heard about Biffle v. Busch. For those of you that haven't, Kurt Busch (who has made himself the "bad boy" of NASCAR in the last year or so) spun Greg Biffle out on Sunday. Busch was a lap down; Biffle was the race leader. My take on all this? Kurt Busch is a tool. I was watching the race at the time this accident happened. Contrary to Busch's story, Biffle did NOT slow down. Busch WANTED to run him off the track, and he did. Anyway, the two of them exchanged harsh words on Sunday. Now their girlfriends are fighting. You've got to love the crappy drama that ensues...

American Idol is on tonight. I'm a little angry that Mandisa was sent packing last week. She was BY NO MEANS the weakest competitor. I'm still rooting for Chris, the rocker. I used to make fun of Ryan Seacrest, but now that I know he's done some guest spots for Robot Chicken, I'm starting to think that he's not so bad...

The BLS, out!

6 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

bah... Harvick v. Busch was more fun.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger HMC said...

Here's where I'm embarassed to be saying this but...

Robot Chicken, as I understand, is a spin-out of Twisted Toyfare Theatre of which Seth Green is a contributor. TTT is a story in every issue of Toyfare (yes, a magazine about toys) where they pose old toys (Megos), take pictures, and put it together to make a hilariously funny story. Yes, I know I'm lame for reading magazines about toys, but I was a manager in a comic book shop. I can't not know this stuff.

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/483471.html

 
At April 11, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger David Tellez said...

Robot Chicken is funny, cuz really isnt it the same dialouge (well, R-rated, actually) we used when we played with toys? LOL...

Speaking of things that are funny...I'm not a Nascar fan, but I like how you've influenced my decision on who to dis! LOL!

 
At April 11, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Love the Robot Chicken.

Hehe. Did you read the thing on NASCAR.com where the one guy editorializes that they should set up a WWC-type match between the two ladies and offer it on pay-per-view ;)

Yeah. Kurt is such a dick. I mean, it's bad enough biffle was driving the subway car, which he ALWAYS wrecks. Like... EVERY FREAKING TIME... There's something about the yellow car that makes him do it. If Kurt would have just waited, Greg would have ended up in a wall or something anyways (though he won the previous day's race--i was beginning to think maybe the subway car had somehow managed to shake it's curse.) But really... Kurt's an ass. Just stop being an ass, Kurt.

 
At April 12, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

robot chicken is seriously demented..yet funny.

i have to admit my guilty pleasure is any MTV reality show.

 
At April 13, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger M said...

Robot Chicken=good
Nascar=not good
American Idol=the devil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home