Mar 5, 2006

Oscar Night!

The Oscars just ended. How did my predictions stack up? I was 5 out of 6, which was pretty good. I can't help it that Crash winning Best Picture was an upset! I thought it was great, as I like to be surprised, but it WAS an upset. TiVo back and you'll hear the audience gasping. Classic Oscars moment. But... for those of you living under a rock, here's how the major awards stacked out:

Best Actor: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actress: Reese Witherspoon (how cute was her acceptance speech?)
Best Supporting Actor: George Clooney
Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz
Best Director: Ang Lee
Best Picture: Crash

The BLS's final score: 5/6, or 83.333% accuracy. Not everyone I WANTED to win (Joaquin Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix) won, but (most) everyone that I thought was going to win did. All in all? I'll take it.

3 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 2:47 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

Very good calls !

 
At March 07, 2006 2:24 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Nice job! I couldn't play cause I missed most of the movies this year.

I LOVED Reese's speech AND dress. She looked gorgeous!

 
At March 08, 2006 5:59 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Good Job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home