Mar 21, 2006

No Dogs Allowed! (or are they?)

Dogs aren't allowed in my Law School. Apparently, they USED to be allowed... before a Professor's dog made the Law School his own personal backyard (if ya know what I mean.) This has been a bit problematic for me, as I sometimes like to come to the Law School to study at night. Since I don't like to leave The Pug home alone, I usually bring her with me.

The first time I snuck The Pug into the Law School was hilarious. I was trying to be really inconspicuous, and I think EVERYONE saw me sneak The Pug in. Part of this was because I go to a really small law school and everyone knows everything that goes on. The other part of this was because The Pug is very charismatic and social and she wanted to meet everyone that was in the building. I wasn't too worried about the students having a problem with The Pug, as most of the law students that I know have dogs. I was worried about the janitor seeing The Pug and telling me that she wasn't allowed. After my botched attempt to get The Pug in the Law School without anyone seeing her, I managed to get her hidden in my office. All was well until we had to leave. As The Pug and I were rounding the corner on our way out the door, we ran into... The Janitor. He looked at me, and he looked at The Pug, whose tail was wagging. He looked back at me, and did something that I wasn't expecting at all. (No, Lisa, he didn't pull his pants down!) He gave The Pug a dog treat. Needless to say, I was floored.

Fast forward a few months. I haven't been studying at the Law School at night for awhile, as I've set up an office in my bedroom and get a lot of work done out of there. Anyway, I key into my office, and what do I see sitting on my Post-It notes?

A lone dog treat.

Yeah, I got the hint.

9 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 8:29 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

You're lucky. There's no way in hell that I could sneak my dog(s) anywhere.

 
At March 21, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger LawNut said...

Me neither - try sneaking an 85-pound Doberman Pinscher anywhere...but I think every place should allow dogs!!

 
At March 21, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger The BLS said...

I totally agree. My main argument is that most dogs are neater and more well-behaved than some children.

I can think of several who The Pug is more behaved than.... it's too bad that renters don't take this argument seriously. When my dog is pissed at me, she'll chew up a pair of my shoes. When a kid is pissed, they'll scribble on the walls or something equally destructive.

Just my thoughts. :)

 
At March 21, 2006 12:34 PM, Blogger Kurt Hunt said...

I've updated your entry on the Law Student Blogger Directory. I had you under "Unknown" until I saw you listed in a blogroll as a UTexas student... I should have known that blogrolls lie.

Sorry about that!

 
At March 21, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger The BLS said...

Kurt: LOL. Don't worry about it. I'm still trying to figure out how I got listed as a UT student. Oh, well.... :)

 
At March 21, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

LMAO! I'm glad the janitor didn't do THAT ;-)

Good to know The Pug is smart and cute!!!

 
At March 21, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger A. said...

So cute - great story. I snuck my 110 rottweiler into work once on a weekend. I figured maybe security would be afraid to tell me I couldn't bring him in.

 
At March 22, 2006 4:18 AM, Blogger HMC said...

What a cute story!! Awww...

 
At March 22, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

wait, you mean you're not from Texas? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home