Mar 16, 2006

My Surreal Life: Part III (aka Professor K)

(NOTE: I originally wanted to submit this on Overheard in Law School, but as no words were exchanged, I thought it would be difficult to translate.)

When I am finished with classes for the day, I have a habit of using the back door to get out of my law school, as it opens right by the parking lot I usually park in. There is quite a few advantages to this plan: I get to my car quicker, the path is not as crowded with law students, and I see (and say hello) to quite a bit of the faculty, since the majority of their offices are located in this area of the building.

I was en route to my car the other day and was in my usual habit of saying hello to the professors that I saw when I came across a professor who I will call Professor K. (As used in law, the abbreviation for Contracts is K. Get it? He was my Contracts professor... :P) Professor K was in conversation with a 1L who already has a bad reputation of being what we call a "gunner." You know what I'm talking about. This is the type of person who has to say SOMETHING about everything that's being discussed in classes. Professors hate them because they are know-it-alls. I hate them because they waste a lot of class time that could be used discussing the issues, not splitting hairs over them. But I digress...

So Professor K was listening to this 1L gunner go on and on and on about liquidated debts vs. unliquidated debts. The student was talking so much and so fast that she wasn't holding eye contact with Professor K. I lifted my hand to wave at him as I strolled by his office. In a split second, Professor K made eye contact with me and ROLLED HIS EYES AT ME.

I about died laughing. Luckily, I got out the door before the snickers escaped from my mouth. Poor Professor K.

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I love it! Too funny!

Congrats on your restraint ;-)

 
At March 21, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger ESQ-JD said...

NICE !@ I hate fucking gunners...and most of the ones I know didn't do well last semester anyway. You're right - all they do is waste time and pad their own ego. I want tell them, "this ain't undergrad bitch."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home