Mar 18, 2006

The Irish Experience

My state has some serious Irish roots. From my limited knowledge of my State's history, a big chunk of the state's economy in the 1800's came from the efforts of Irish miners. You're probably WHY I'm giving you a history lesson. Basically, because of these serious Irish roots in my state (especially in a town I'm going to call Irish Capital), St. Patrick's Day is pretty important to a lot of people, and Irish Capital is world-famous for it's crazy St. Patrick's Day shenanigans. I've never been to Irish Capital to experience this craziness before.

That all changed this weekend, when Amanda and I trekked down to Irish Capital to check it out. We were arriving pretty late, as far as Irish Capital standards go. The way it's been told to me, people start drinking the night before St. Patrick's Day and continue to drink all the next day. Considering that little bit of information, Amanda and I arrived almost at the end of the party. That didn't matter. We started drinking at 7:30pm, and I was three sheets to the wind by 10pm. (I'm a serious lightweight, people! I keep telling you that!) I wasn't tipsy enough to black out everything that happened that night, so here's The BLS's St. Patrick's Day Re-Cap:

Drink of Choice: Sour Apple Vodka and Sprite (Lock it up, the green beer didn't agree with me!)
Drinks Drank: Approximately 4
Catch Phrases Coined On the Trip: 3 (two courtesy of Amanda's Lil' Jon impressions: "Yyeaaah!" and "Wwhhaaat?" and one from The BLS, channeling Owen Wilson in Wedding Crashers, "I'm gonna get DRUNK.")
Strange Propositions From Strangers on the Streets of Irish Capital: 2. (but you'll have to e-mail me for more information on that... a girl's gotta keep SOME secrets, you know.)
Money Spent on Irish Paraphernalia: $30.00
Hangovers Experienced: 0 (Mainly because I have a long-standing tradition of cutting myself off once walking becomes an issue.)
Amount of Fun During the Irish Experience: PRICELESS.

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger Wade said...

Crazy girl.
Very funny comment on my blog btw! LMAO.
thanks BLS.

 
At March 20, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

i managed to avoid green drinks thank god.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home