Mar 8, 2006

Dream Date

It was a blind date. I don't know who initially hooked us up. I was just told to be at a certain place at a certain time, and because I am somewhat adventurous, I showed up.

He met me in a nice lounge. I had arrived first and was nursing a cosmopolitan. I heard a voice ask, "Are you The BLS?" I glanced up and was shocked to see that it was him. What in the hell was HE doing on a blind date, with ME, no less? I said yes and expected him to head for the door. Instead, he grinned and pulled out the chair across from mine, "Great. I was hoping it was you."

We talked for quite a while. He was intrigued by the fact that I was a law student and wanted to know everything about law school. I was intrigued that he wanted to talk about me so much, as I thought his life was much more interesting than my own. Time passed. He got to his feet and offered me his hand, "Want to go for a walk?"

I took it without saying a word, but the voice inside me was screaming, "Uhh, yeah!" We walked aimlessly and ended up in the middle of a Borders store. He asked me if I liked to read. I went off and chattered about all the different types of books that I loved to read. He smiled and reached for me. We ended up making out in the middle of the literature section in Borders. I'm not a PDA sort of girl, but I totally didn't care this time.

Soon after, he got a phone call that upset him greatly. Apparently his father was intoxicated and needed assistance. He asked if I would mind taking a detour. I missed my father very much and told him that it wouldn't be an issue, so he drove me to where his father was. He tried to help his father, but his father was very drunk and belligerent towards him. I stepped in and managed to charm the middle-aged drunk man, helping my date get his father settled into bed. We left soon after. I could tell that by charming his father, I had charmed him as well.

He drove me home and walked me to the door. He wrapped me in a huge hug, asked if he could see me again (the answer was obvious) and kissed me on the forehead.

It's been three hours since I woke up, and I can still feel the warmth of that hug. Yeah, it was totally a dream. You may be wondering who my "dream date" was, and I'll show you. It was him. Now here's my question: What in the HELL was THAT all about? I don't usually have SUCH vivid dreams, let alone about celebrities, you know, being 26 freakin' years old and all! Strange. Readers, your thoughts?

(NOTE: LisaB posted something very similar a few days ago. I promise I'm not trying to rip you off! I don't usually blog about dreams, but this one was bizarre! I'm still scratching my head.)

12 Comments:

At March 08, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger A. said...

I didn't used to be much of a Joaquin fan, but after seeing him in Walk the Line, I've had a few dreams about him too.

 
At March 08, 2006 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[sigh...] What a great pic and what a dreamy guy...most importantly, how lucky are YOU to have that dream??!! I'd be trying to go back to sleep to see if I could have Date #2!!

 
At March 08, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger LawNut said...

Joaquin Phoenix is just damn HOT. There is nothing else to it. That post totally made my afternoon!!! :-)

 
At March 08, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger M said...

Well told BLS, I thought it was true until the end. Well told.

 
At March 08, 2006 6:22 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Weird. I had a very vivid dream last night too. Maybe they're going around. I'm pretty sure I got my last cold from you, so you're probably spreading the vivid dreams as well.

 
At March 08, 2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had any vivid dreams lately. What the hell is wrong with me? (That's rhetorical.)

 
At March 08, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

you had me going for awhile there!

 
At March 09, 2006 3:50 AM, Blogger HMC said...

I had a vivid dream the other night that my foot got infected with bees and I had to go to the pet store to have them cut out.

About Joaquin...I loved Walk the Line because I'm a hard core Johnny Cash fan and I think that Joaquin did a fantastic job. However, I don't really find him attractive at all. He always looks strung out. =(

 
At March 09, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Jinxy said...

At any point in the dream did you imagine yourself up on stage with him singing "Long Legged Guitar Pickin' Man"?

'Cause that would have been cool.

 
At March 09, 2006 4:49 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

He's got a hair lip . Great actor though .

 
At March 10, 2006 6:59 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

hahaha you faker!
it was all a dream.
you faked us!

but we loved it. :p

 
At March 11, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

No worries Hon, I completely understand! We have very little, (ok NO,) control over our dreams.

And your dream date is a hottie :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home