Feb 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Humor

Bauer and I are having a strange Valentine's Day. We were SUPPOSED to do the traditional Valentine's Day celebration tonight, but that got shot to hell because of Gutter Whore (but that's another post.) In any case, we gave each other our gifts last night and then may have dinner or something tonight. Nothing too special, as he and I are both of the opinion that Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday and should not be taken too seriously. (Apparently, this is refreshing to Bauer, as Gutter Whore was a girl who expected her boyfriend to buy her the moon for Valentine's Day... I could care less.)

Anyway, last night I opened the card that Bauer had purchased for me, which was a sweet and funny card. He opened the card I gave him, which was sweet and sappy. Hugs were exchanged. Then we watched TiVo'ed Veronica Mars before going to bed.

After we were in bed for about five minutes, I turned to Bauer and asked him, "They were out of the sentimental cards at Wal-Mart, weren't they?"

Silence followed. A moment later, a sheepish "Yes" came from Bauer. I was silent for a moment, and then I started snickering. Bauer's relieved laughter followed.

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Aww that's sweet :)

Sure it's a commercial holiday, bla bla bla. We still use it as an excuse to do nice things for each other. He got me a gift certificate for massage and a CD and some flowers (a week early, too. Guess he thought it was later than it was in the month). I got him a build-a-bear with a widdle steelers superbowl xl champions shirt and a widdle football.

I dunno. I just had so many crappy holidays as a kid because they just didn't mean anything to my parents, it's nice to give it my all. I just try to be as sincere as possible. Cuz, y'know, if you love yer boo, shouldn't you wanna do sweet stuff :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home