Feb 13, 2006

Prom Time at West Beverly

My law school held its annual "Law School Prom" on Friday. I didn't really get into the swing of the Prom season when I was in high school, but I chose to make an exception to my "No BLS at any dances" rule last year, and I've had a lot of fun at these social gatherings. Generally, it's a nice outlet to kick back, have a few, and get to know my fellow students and future colleagues better. This year, Bauer and I doubled with Kitrah and her boyfriend. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all. Here are a few highlights:


  1. Being informed by The Congressman that he has been promoted and that his new nickname is The Statesman. So noted.
  2. Hanging out with Captain America and his wife. (Captain America is a guy in my class who has everything, it seems. He's at the top of our class, he's hilarious, and to top it all off, he's actually nice. He's the All-American boy, and as much as I'd like to despise him, I can't. He's just THAT perfect.) Captain America is a big fan of animated cartoons, and a notable part of the evening included Captain America and his wife spouting off some classic Eric Cartman rhetoric in unison, "Whateva! Whateva! I'll do what I want!" Freaking hilarious.
  3. Teaming up with Kitrah to make a jealous girlfriend even more jealous. (It's not as macabre as it sounds-- this girl has some serious jealousy issues. She doesn't like it when you LOOK at her boyfriend, let alone talk to him. I'm of the theory that those behaviors need to be nipped in the bud... so Kitrah and I decided to press her buttons a bit.) Yeah, we're bitches.
  4. Watching The Statesman get a little tipsy and refer to another classmate as a "muffin-ass bastard." Whaa-t?
  5. Realizing that when I've had a bit too much to drink, I tend to say, "Iii KNOW!" in a Monica Gellar-style voice. That can't be good....
  6. Talking to another classmate (who I don't see or talk to that much) who mentioned that he needed to start checking my blog more. People in my law class know about AND read my blog?! Oh, f**k....

As stated earlier, a good time was had by all, evidenced by the sheer amount of drunkenness that I saw that evening. DrunkLaw would have been proud. I was simply proud of the fact that I did not see a repeat of my drunken Super Bowl extravaganza and woke up hangover-free the following morning.

3 Comments:

At February 13, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Wade said...

Sounds like fun BLS!
Friday, The Launch at Marina Cay had FREE beers and margaritas till 5, and $1 after 5. I drank too much.
And the 4th annual Spam-O-Rama at the Garden was Saturday.

 
At February 14, 2006 5:56 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Oh you're good, BLS.

Just when I think I have you, you throw a curve ball.

 
At February 14, 2006 7:12 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

Kitrah: You'd be surprised at what you resort to when you're suddenly living with a child.

I-66: I try. :)

Wade: HAHAHAHA! That's great. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home