Jan 25, 2006

Cake or Death?**

I'm telling you, it was straight out of Sophie's Choice! I was walking into the law library en route to one of my classes, held inside the law library. I was holding my laptop computer in one hand and a Pepsi in the other hand. As I was struggling to open the door to the law library, I felt my laptop computer shift in my hand and teeter precariously. At that same moment, I could feel the Pepsi slipping out of my grasp.

I had a choice. I could save the $1500 laptop that I worked my ass off for and lose the $1 Pepsi... or I could take my chances with the computer and save the Pepsi that I desperately needed this morning to save myself from a caffeine-deprived coma, as I did NOT have another dollar in my pocket.

Luckily, I regained my grip on all items. Good thing, too. It would have been a tough decision.


**Total snaps to anyone who can tell me where that reference came from, with the exceptions of Brian and Danielle, since they introduced me to the source of the humor.

8 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger First Year said...

And this is why I love the computer insurance I bought. I have never been good at not breaking electronics. :)

Glad you didn't loose the soda!

 
At January 25, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Wade said...

So when I'm carrying around pop* I always put the screw cap back on between each drink. And always get the plastic bottles.
And carry the laptop in a case/container/satchel that has room for the pop along with. C'mon girl, isn't life already full of enough stress? ;)

*pop: Soft drink where I live.

 
At January 25, 2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . cake please.
What happens when you run out of cake? . . . is it just 'or death' then?

 
At January 25, 2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice tini tiny comment on the bottom, BLS. ; )
Perhaps I should mention there is a difference between 'weirdo transvestite and executive transvestite'. :)

 
At January 26, 2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! ooh! i totally know this one! teacher, pick me! pick me!

 
At January 26, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger The BLS said...

*DING DING DING DING*

AA is the winner! It was, in fact, Eddie Izzard. :)

I knew you knew, Brian and Danielle. That's why you were excluded from the contest. :)

 
At January 26, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bully. ;)

 
At January 26, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Angel food cake please. And your dilemma sounds like the old Pepsi campaign with Michael J. Fox. Remember that one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home