Jan 25, 2006

Cake or Death?**

I'm telling you, it was straight out of Sophie's Choice! I was walking into the law library en route to one of my classes, held inside the law library. I was holding my laptop computer in one hand and a Pepsi in the other hand. As I was struggling to open the door to the law library, I felt my laptop computer shift in my hand and teeter precariously. At that same moment, I could feel the Pepsi slipping out of my grasp.

I had a choice. I could save the $1500 laptop that I worked my ass off for and lose the $1 Pepsi... or I could take my chances with the computer and save the Pepsi that I desperately needed this morning to save myself from a caffeine-deprived coma, as I did NOT have another dollar in my pocket.

Luckily, I regained my grip on all items. Good thing, too. It would have been a tough decision.


**Total snaps to anyone who can tell me where that reference came from, with the exceptions of Brian and Danielle, since they introduced me to the source of the humor.

10 Comments:

At January 25, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger First Year said...

And this is why I love the computer insurance I bought. I have never been good at not breaking electronics. :)

Glad you didn't loose the soda!

 
At January 25, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Earl said...

So when I'm carrying around pop* I always put the screw cap back on between each drink. And always get the plastic bottles.
And carry the laptop in a case/container/satchel that has room for the pop along with. C'mon girl, isn't life already full of enough stress? ;)

*pop: Soft drink where I live.

 
At January 25, 2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

Hmmm . . . cake please.
What happens when you run out of cake? . . . is it just 'or death' then?

 
At January 25, 2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

Nice tini tiny comment on the bottom, BLS. ; )
Perhaps I should mention there is a difference between 'weirdo transvestite and executive transvestite'. :)

 
At January 26, 2006 9:15 AM, Anonymous Brian said...

ooh! ooh! i totally know this one! teacher, pick me! pick me!

 
At January 26, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger AA said...

Eddie Izzard? hmmm not sure... Just saying whasssssssssssss
sssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup!! Law school has taken over my life to the nth degree this semester. I wake up at 6am, read,eat, class, read, class,eat, class, internship, student group,eat, read, bedtime at 12pm. That's M,W, with an additional class on T,TH, and Friday-sat is basically read,eat,internship,student group, moot court, moot court, moot court. Sunday my free day? I was dumb enough to take a Paper class... Sunday is lexis/westlaw/findlaw/google and type type type day. At least I have my health...... cough (?!?)

 
At January 26, 2006 12:38 PM, Blogger The BLS said...

*DING DING DING DING*

AA is the winner! It was, in fact, Eddie Izzard. :)

I knew you knew, Brian and Danielle. That's why you were excluded from the contest. :)

 
At January 26, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

Bully. ;)

 
At January 26, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Angel food cake please. And your dilemma sounds like the old Pepsi campaign with Michael J. Fox. Remember that one?

 
At January 28, 2006 9:47 AM, Blogger Kitrah said...

When faced with those dilemmas, I usually end up dropping both in an attempt to save the one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home