Nov 9, 2005

Pug's Parent Pacing...

My dog (aka The Pug) is having surgery done on her patella as we speak. I'm a little nervous, as the last time she had to have this surgery (on the other leg,) she suffered an adverse reaction to the anesthesia and almost died. I've switched vets since then, and I (and The Pug) really like the new vet. Even though I know The Pug is a young dog and very healthy, I'm still scared.

She's such a good dog and I have so much fun with her. She's been really helpful to me in the aftermath of losing my father, and I don't think I could take losing her too. So I'm going to worry.

I can call the vet after noon to see how the surgery went. They are supposed to call me if something goes wrong. So far my cell phone has been silent. That's good.

Only 45 more minutes until I can call. This last class before lunch is going to DRAG.

UPDATE: The Pug is fine. She made it through surgery like a champ and I'll be able to take her home when I'm done with Evidence. Then I plan on crashing on the couch with her and catching up on Season 4 of Smallville.

8 Comments:

At November 09, 2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Nik said...

hi,

I'm also a 2nd year law student--just thought I'd introduce myself. I hope the surgery went well for your pug. I just started my own blog, so I'd love to share in the bitterness of Tax, Evidence, and BA. Law School is definitely an interesting era of my life, as I'm sure it is for you.

 
At November 09, 2005 10:33 AM, Blogger HMC said...

I hope the Pug will be fine. It's tough worrying about a pet. One of my own dog's died recently and now I can't wait to go back home and check on the other three. There's nothing like the love of a dog.

 
At November 09, 2005 10:43 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

Mee Suek: Welcome! :P

HMC: Oh, yeah. My dog actually dances when I bring her food and/or water. It's not the Snoopy dance or anything, but it's pretty close in the sense that she spins around in circles and makes happy noises. It's so cool to make your dog that excited.

Yes, dogs rock.

Only 15 more minutes.

 
At November 09, 2005 11:23 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Miss BLS Please keep me in the loop! I have been there and know how you feel. Poor you, you must be chewing your nails down to the quick at this point.

And The Pug is ADORABLE. She will be FINE!!!

 
At November 09, 2005 12:50 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Those animals sure grow on you, huh? They turn into your favorite member of the family because they can't talk back or complain :) My mommy's dog was a dumb dog and got hit by a truck... twice. The pins and rods in her legs from the LAST time made this most recent time not so bad at all, just bumps and bruises. We were still at the vet ER all night with her and didn't get out of there till like 5.

 
At November 09, 2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Hooray!!! Good news!!

 
At November 09, 2005 2:53 PM, Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Glad to hear your dog is fine. People without pets don't realize how important they are.

AC

 
At November 09, 2005 2:57 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such good news - I'm so happy for you both!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home