Nov 14, 2005

First Frost (aka Random Ranting Ahead)

Call it a case of the "Muhn-days", but I'm in a snarly mood. I'm annoyed that for the first time this year, snow actually STUCK to the ground, causing people to drive like idiots. When I say idiots, I don't mean that they're driving too fast for the road conditions... I mean that they're driving WAY too slow!

Okay. Here's the deal. I live in a beautiful state, known for its natural beauty (and conservative politics.) My state should also be known for its winters, which can be a bit of a bitch. However, how you handle yourself on the icy roads is how we separate the natives from the tourists up here. Here's a news flash for all those "safe drivers" on the road this morning: THAT WAS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG, JERKS! If you can't handle a little bit of ice and frost on the road, how in the world are you going to handle it when Mother Nature decides to dump a foot and a half of snow on the ground (in one night), complete with freezing rain and icy winds? That stuff on the road this morning was NOTHING... so WHY did it take me FIFTY freaking minutes to get to class this morning? (It should be added that I can usually drop my dog off at Doggy Daycare and get to class in about 20 minutes.) Seriously. If you can't handle the icy conditions that come with living in this state, you should rethink your decision to reside here.

The only silver lining in my cloud this morning is that my new workout CD ROCKS... how do I know that? Because I spent FIFTY freaking minutes in traffic this morning and got to listen to 2/3 of the CD... Blah.

UPDATE: My morning doesn't seem so bad anymore. I just found out I got an interview for a summer job (this will be, like, my ninth interview... you'd think I'd get lucky and get hired already.) Also, the gal behind me just spilled water on her computer. You know that you're in a friendly law school when you spill water on your computer and the two people closest to you volunteer ANYTHING to help mop up the spill. (In this case, it was my friend MB's sleeve and my scarf.) Harvard doesn't have anything on us, y'all.... :P

4 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 12:15 PM, Blogger HMC said...

Snow..? That sucks. It's 65 degrees here. Living south of that Mason-Dixon line is nice. =)

I hear you with the wussy drivers though. Winters in NY are harsh and I've learned that judicious use of lower gears when driving is the way to go. Sadly, people in Maryland are scared of rain. I can't wait to see what snow will do to them.

 
At November 14, 2005 7:47 PM, Blogger TLG said...

I haveta confess... I didn't have snow tires and I went grocery shopping in a blizzard once. I figured... people got places before snow tires and ploughs.

The problem is... the world lacks cowboys now days.

Also, what's the point in all those retard preppy people with the SUV's and hummers, if they don't drive like they have a pair in the snow.

 
At November 15, 2005 10:52 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I can drive on snow pretty well, less so on ice. Then again I grew up in the South where there is less of that type of weather.

Good luck on your interview!!

*Pats The Pug on the head*

 
At November 15, 2005 2:33 PM, Blogger Wade said...

1. I came back to town over Marias Pass yesterday morning, 6 inches of fresh, plenty of snowpacked road. All that it takes is one dope driving 30MPH. Jeez. And then 8 pissed-off people behind him/her. Jeez.
2. They put a new traffic signal at Streeter's corner. Progress? I know it's probly necessary, but can we all just grieve a little bit?
3. Where is this summer job? (You do realize that waiting tables pays $20/hr or better at home, right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home