Nov 16, 2005

DVD-aholic

The legal field is full of vices. During our first year of law school, we were required to discuss how mental illnesses (depression) , chemical addictions, and suicides run rampant throughout our profession. Apparently, the legal field is stressful and we seek to relieve that stress in various ways. Some drink too much. Others choose to do drugs. Yet others sleep around. Some do a combination of the aforementioned.

Apparently, I'm a little different than most lawyers. I'm not a big drinker (mainly because I'm a lightweight. I'm sure I'd be a blast at one of Kathryn's happy hours... I'd probably be voted "Most Likely to Go Home Early to Avoid Humiliation"), drugs scare me, and sleeping around scares me even more (see my post Charlotte meets Evidence for further explanation.) Yet I still find that law school is stressful and I need ways to relieve the stress. So... I opt for retail therapy in the form of DVD's. More specifically, I find that my addiction lies in the DVD Boxed Set section. And yesterday was a bad day. I went on a bender and purchased Friends: Season 10 and That 70's Show: Season 3. I don't think it's a shopping addiction, because I don't HAVE to buy a DVD everytime I'm in the store (and I usually don't,) but there are some TV shows that I HAVE to own. And that list is growing. Now I'm scared. I'm rapidly running out of room in my DVD towers. It's got me wondering if there are any DVD Anonymous meetings in my area.

Observe. I am the proud owner of:
  • Friends: The Complete Series (Seasons 1-10)
  • Buffy, the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series (Seasons 1-7)
  • Sex and the City: The Complete Series (Seasons 1-6)
  • Smallville: Seasons 1-4
  • Angel: Seasons 1-4
  • That 70's Show: Seasons 1-3
  • Veronica Mars: Season 1 (only because there's only one season out)
  • Family Guy: Seasons 1-3
  • 24: Seasons 1-3
  • Nip/Tuck: Seasons 1 & 2
  • The Golden Girls: Seasons 1 & 2 (Shaddup... this show is awesome. Besides, I used to watch it with my mom and grandma. Good times.)
  • I'm sure there are other stray boxed sets that I'm forgetting, like the 2nd season of South Park, the 1st season of ER, etc..

You get my point, though. Anyway, I've gotta stop. It's not like I don't watch these DVDs because I do (you'd be surprised how much ass-kicking I can do while reading Evidence and listening to Buffy,) but I'm seriously embarrassed about how large my DVD collection is getting. I can't help that they are coming out with so many great TV shows on DVD, though! And then combine that with my regular DVD collection... it's the proverbial snowball that's rolling down the big-ass mountain.

*sigh* My name is the BLS... and I'm a DVD-aholic.

(NOTE: Before you judge me too harshly, I pulled this picture off of Google images. This is NOT my DVD Collection... but I think you get my point, nevertheless.)

3 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Wade said...

My name is BLS and I'm a DVDholic.
(Hi BLS...)

 
At November 16, 2005 4:13 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I adore retail therapy! I can't wait for "Black Friday" to find some new bargains.

And could I please borrow some of your "Sex and The City" DVD's? I am missing some of the middle seasons. I'll bring you a bottle of wine to say thanks when I'm finished ;-)

 
At November 17, 2005 5:01 AM, Blogger HMC said...

I loved the Golden Girls too! I think I saw the entire series last year when it was playing on Lifetime. I didn't have to be in class until late so I would get up, get coffee, and watch Golden Girls. Good times, indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home