Nov 9, 2005

The Drugged Pug

As stated in my last post, The Pug pulled through her surgery wonderfully. The vet said that it went as well as it possibly could have and that she'll be back on her feet again in six weeks. The beautiful part was that I got to pick her up right after the surgery. This is a vast change from the last time she had this surgery a year ago. My old vet insisted that The Pug had to stay at the vet's office for three days after her surgery. It was TORTURE. I'd go to visit her, and she'd crawl into my arms and whine because she knew I'd have to leave. I left near tears every time. BUT... flash forward to today. After Evidence class, I drove to my new vet's office and picked up The Pug. She was drugged and dopey (not to mention that her leg was covered in a bright blue ACE bandage), but so happy to see me. Even drugged, she managed to squirm her way out of the vet's arms into my own and DID NOT settle down until she knew that she was coming home with me. Needless to say, her little pug tail wagged all the way home. Now I've been playing nursemaid to my little pug patient.

I didn't realize just HOW much I had been worrying about The Pug until I got her home. I had planned on reading some Evidence and watching some Smallville when I got home, but I ended up crashing on the couch. Luckily, I woke up just in time for America's Next Top Model and Veronica Mars. Yay!

While I'm on the topic of America's Next Top Model, is anyone else just waiting for Lisa to get eliminated? I'm not sure what it is about that girl... maybe it was the whole "wearing a diaper and urinating in it while on a professional photo shoot" that got me, but the girl seriously grates on my nerves. The same goes for Jayla. She's just a little too bitchy for my tastes. As ANTM has already eliminated my top choices, I don't really care who wins (although I have a soft spot for Kim and Nik,) but I do NOT want to see Jayla or Lisa win.

And for the last time, folks. Veronica Mars. Wednesdays. 10pm. UPN. CHECK IT OUT. I've already torn through the first season on DVD in order to catch up with what's been happening in the second season... and it is gettin' good! I am in constant awe of the caliber of the guest stars that the show gets. Here are just a few: Paris Hilton. Joey Lauren Adams. Alyson Hannigan. Charisma Carpenter. Joss Whedon (!). KEVIN SMITH (!!!). It's like the show was made for a pop culture freak like myself. Seriously, though. The show isn't going to watch itself, and I really want to see a third season, so watch it already.

That being said, it's late. I should get back to The Pug. Maybe I'll read some Evidence while I'm watching some of the 4th season of Smallville (I am fully enjoying naked Clark in episode 1 and Lana breaking the rules with Coach Teague...) because let's face it. Just because I'm nursing a sick dog back to health doesn't mean that I'm escaping The Fear.

4 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 5:02 AM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Aww what a sweetie pie. So glad The Pug is fine!!!

Breathe now Miss BLS breathe ;-)

Hey, you have faced a really big fear and if you can handle that your other fear will be fine too!

 
At November 10, 2005 8:05 AM, Blogger HMC said...

I'm glad the Pug is healthy!

 
At November 10, 2005 1:02 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Yes, everyone MUST watch Veronica Mars. I can't even keep track of everything that's happening.

As for ANTM, I know they are probably thinking Crazy-Ass Lisa makes for good tv, but they are WRONG. She's too old to model, anyway.

 
At November 10, 2005 11:54 PM, Blogger Magnolia said...

Because it can't be said enough, yes, everyone should watch VERONICA MARS. Wednesday nights. UPN. But where I live, it comes on at 9pm because UPN doesn't have original programming at 10.

I enjoy Lost, but it's really sad that so many people watching Lost have no idea what they are missing with VM over on the other channel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home