Nov 18, 2005

Celebration

IT'S OFFICIAL... The BLS has just received her first job offer of the year!

*insert Stewie Griffin's "sexy partying" here.*

Incidentally, the offer was pretty bizarre. I had initially applied for a job with Government Agency, with the high hopes that they would find me worthy of such a position. As this position with the Government Agency fits well into what I want to do in the law (litigation/prosecution), it was my number one job choice during my law school's Interview Weekend (where I had something like seven interviews.) Anyway, Government Agency turned me down. And I was sad.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I was on the phone with Bauer while I was checking my mail (snail, not e-) and I noticed I had a letter from Government Agency. I scoffed and cracked a joke to Bauer, essentially saying, "What? They don't think they rejected me enough the first time? They need to send me a Rejection Letter: Part Two?" So I opened the letter. It was a job offer! And all Bauer could do was laugh as I jumped up and down, screeching, "Oh, my God!" (Hey! Yeah, you, Judgie McHolier-Than-Thou! Try going on something like NINE interviews and not receiving a job offer. This ONE letter that doesn't say "We regret to inform you" WILL make you jump, jive and wail. Seriously, though. I was beginning to think my interviewing suit was cursed. I was getting ready to do a bad-karma exorcism.)

Here's the catch: I just had a (seemingly) successful job interview on Wednesday, before I got the letter from Government Agency. I have another job interview lined up for sometime in the next couple of weeks. I don't have to accept the job from Government Agency until December 12th, although I really want to. Since I'm curious as to how the other jobs leads are going to pan out, though, I'm gonna play it cool. Seeing how the letter is POSTED ON MY FRIDGE (next to The Pug's report card from Doggy Daycare), I don't see how this is gonna work. What can I say? I'm pretty stoked.

6 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 12:53 PM, Blogger HMC said...

Congratulations! Working for The Man rocks! How long is the job for?

 
At November 18, 2005 4:27 PM, Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Congrats Miss Bls, that is awesome!!! Yay you!!!!

I would do what you are doing and see how the other job plays out as well. Nice to be in demand Missy ;-)

You get a report card from Doggy Daycare? How did The Pug do?

 
At November 21, 2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Wade said...

good for you! a bureaucrat in the making!

 
At November 21, 2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Wade said...

LOL, of course.

 
At November 22, 2005 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rock on! congratulations! i had very little doubt that at least someone would want to pay you to make copies of legal briefs all summer... and we all know you can place an order at starbucks like nobody's business, so you're obviously qualified. :D

 
At November 23, 2005 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CONGRATS!!!

Also, how the hell do you find time during finals to interview?! Amazing...

I barely have time to eat or sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home