Aug 10, 2005

Operation: Freakout!

Some of you have recently commented about my choice of picture on my profile. While I will admit that there is quite a resemblance between Christina Ricci and I, I feel the need to emphasize that I don't look like her. SHE looks like ME! (I'm 5 months older, damn it! I can't help it that she beat me to Hollywood first!) Who am I kidding, right? I should leave the acting to those who do it well (as she does) and hope that when she needs an entertainment lawyer, she'll look up a certain "Bitter Law Student" to fulfill all her legal needs. (Yeah, that WAS a shameless plug, but it's MY blog. Sue me. Bwah ha ha ha hah!)

Speaking of legal issues, the countdown has officially begun! I will begin my second year of law school in 19 days. GAAH! I'm gonna freak out for a minute, because I feel like my first year of law school was a complete blur. I remember bits and chunks, and part of me is wondering if I've blocked the trauma of it all (you know, starting law school, the breakup with Kurt and the ongoing drama surrounding it, along with my subsequent battle with depression) from my memory. Another, more realistic part of me is wondering if I was spending too much time finding rockin' Prada purses on eBay rather than paying attention in class, although the argument could be made that it was the depression that was feeding my lack of attention rather than the SWEET deals on eBay. Wireless internet: a blessing and a curse. I'm definitely going to be exercising more restraint in class from now on. Although, you have to admit that it IS fun to make fun of a professor (or other law students) with a classmate who is sitting across the room. :) Hmm, and the battles with my wireless demons continue...

I also just found out that my summer job can be extended into a school year job, if I wish to pursue that option. Yeah, I'm gonna. For the most part, a trained monkey can do the vast majority of my job, and now I'll be able to do it while I'm at home watching episodes of ER, Law and Order: SVU, and Nip/Tuck on DVD. Can we say, "Schweet?" I also don't have to worry about finding a job that will only hire me for 10 hours a week. Although, I may end up putting in an application for rehire at the Cookie Bin (name changed, but it's pretty easy to figure out) because it's always good to have a backup, right? But my backup will never be something like this, because let's face it: I'm not THAT desperate.... yet.

And in other news... Just when you thought Britney couldn't get any trashier.... check this out. WARNING: Not for sensitive eyes. The BLS and her subsidiaries (wherever they are) are not responsible for any damage that may occur upon the viewing of this picture. Can you believe she wants to design maternity wear?!? Also, I'm gonna have to drop some mad props to Alec Baldwin, who recently had this to say on the Conan O'Brien show: "Britney Spears will give birth to octuplets, and all of them will get jobs before Kevin Federline." You have to love it when EVERYONE recognizes your husband as a lazy gold-digger. It makes you wonder what in the world Britney is thinking. (Hat tip to VPofDior, who provided me with the traumatic experience of that Britney Spears photo. Once the laughter stopped, I was straight-up channelling Phoebe from Friends, screaming, "My eyes! My eyes!")

But seriously... I'm out. I have nothing else to talk about, so I might as well get back to work... and now it's lunchtime! I just love milking the corporate clock.

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2005 12:28 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Britney sometimes forgets that she's out of the trailer park. She doesn't have to embrace her white trash roots any more.

 
At August 12, 2005 4:59 AM, Blogger Ranando said...

Great read, keep it up and good luck in your 2nd year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home