Aug 3, 2005

...And introducing Jeff Gordon as the co-pilot

I just got off the phone with my dad, who is still in the hospital. He's been sounding better, which is good because it meant he could actually carry on a conversation with me. That was nice, although he told me that I didn't need to worry about him. To quote a little Dr. Evil, "Rrright." He's my dad and I love him and yes, I'm GOING to worry about him. He assures me that he's going to be okay for awhile, but that doesn't mean that I'm ready to let him go, if you know what I mean. The doctors told us that his disease is terminal, and we're just in the process of buying him more time. I'll take all the time I can get. Anyway, this could have been a really depressing moment, but my mood was lifted by my dog, who jumped into the bathtub and insisted upon having a mini-bath, as its been pretty hot here.

Can I just take a moment to discuss how AWESOME my dog is? She's a Pug and she loves to make people laugh. I read somewhere that Pugs are natural clowns, which is my dog in a nutshell. I swear that she actually thrives on laughter. And then there's the fact that she loves to play and be chased, as it gives her an excuse to race around my living room faster than Jeff Gordon at the Daytona 500.

Speaking of Gordon... my friend "Marilyn" just bought me a Jeff Gordon action figure to ride shotgun with me in my car. That in itself is pretty funny. I'm a relatively new NASCAR watcher, but I'm a #8 fan (Dale Earnhardt, Jr.) and to be honest, I'm still on the fence about Gordon. I guess we'll see how it goes. The thought was nice, though, and when I'm cruising down the road and happen to glance down and see Gordon standing there, it makes me smile. It's probably a good thing that it's NOT Earnhardt, Jr. that I'm staring at because I'd probably get into a car accident on the way to work. I mean, LOOK AT HIM, for heaven's sake!

In other news that makes me smile... I had a completely unproductive day at work today, partially fueled by the Anonymous Cog's news that management had chose to reward mediocrity yet again, but also in part to the fact that I was just feeling... well, unproductive. I had a great time surfing some sites in the blogging community and I ended up with a bunch of blogs that I linked myself to. Some personal favorites are FISHLAMP and KathrynOn, as both of these blogs are just cool, as well as fun to read. Their blogs are what my blog inspires to be. :) Kudos to you two. For some fun political satire, check out The Ranando Report. It never fails to make me laugh. Also, in law school related blogs, you should check out Law & Alcoholism, one of several sites I was at today that almost made me spit Cherry Coke all over my computer screen.

And if you need MORE to occupy your time, check out Blogthings, as it contains a plethora of quizzes for you to kill time with. I found out all sorts of interesting things about myself today, like I'm most like Chocolate Orange-flavored Pocky, which I would have had no clue as to what Pocky was if it hadn't been for Brian and our multi-cultural morning in Seattle. We should really do that again. :) I was also informed that I am a kind and harmonious blogger (except when I'm talking about Kurt, I'm assuming), I'm an 80's pop culture genius, act like I'm 28 years old, am 20% weird, have a sexy Brazilian name of Giselle Mendes (that's totally going to become my new alias... I've got long dark hair and am semi-exotic looking. I could BE a Giselle!), and have a Blogger twin in Wil Wheaton. Any other twenty-somethings out there remember Wesley Crusher? *sigh*

It's no wonder I got so little work done. Hey, maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be presented with a plaque for my outstanding productivity tomorrow. :P

7 Comments:

At August 04, 2005 7:21 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Thanks for the props!!!

Smooches!

 
At August 08, 2005 4:34 PM, Blogger TLG said...

Gordon's a pretty boy who looks way too gay to have such a hot wife ;) Dale's been having a tough year. But come on, all those "little kids" as I call them (Kane, Busch, Busch ;) )I just wanna pinch their widdle cheeks and feed them cookies.

 
At August 09, 2005 7:32 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

Oh, I know! My mom is a big fan of Kasey Kahne (I thought she was going to have a heart attack when he *almost* won on Sunday) and I joke that he's young enough to be my son (he's only a year younger than me, but looks so much younger. :P )

 
At August 09, 2005 3:30 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

thanks for reading my blog!!i like yours too.

Giselle Mendes - awesome :)

 
At August 22, 2005 5:46 PM, Blogger AnonymousCog said...

Thanks for the link to blogthings. I spent 45 mins there and found out I am 100% nothing, a little ska, a little punk, a little hippie, etc...

I feel so undefined...

AC

 
At August 23, 2005 10:09 AM, Blogger The BLS said...

LOL. I HATE it when that happens... :)

 
At February 07, 2007 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing i love u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home